Saturday, June 6, 2009

not bored yet, the beginning


It was thirty one years ago, no maybe more like thirty three. Because we were not married yet, but pretty sure that was the direction we were heading and he promised me that I would not be bored. ever. So ok, I can now put it publicly out there for any one to see.
"I am not bored yet!"
Please consider that a shout, but without the capital letters. Because really it is true. Even this week and last month and last year. The adventure of love and faithfulness and hard work are not without their frustrations and disapointment, but bored? Never.

There was a season when our children were small and summer arrived with all its beauty in Wisconsin. After about 2 hours of no school and summer vacation, I forbid them to use the word 'bored'. You know the whining long drawn out version. "I'm BOOOOREEEDDDD". It always came with the expectation of mom to fix the problem. Well, no. There is plenty to do and see and experience in this great wide world. Go grab a bit of it. Don't be the last child in the woods, be the first.

So I thought I'd follow my son in law's advice and start a blog. And declare that lots is happening that keeps me from stale, dullness. Maybe it will be good to write a bit of it down. We will see.

1 comment: